Monday 6 September 2010

Mrs Glum . . .

Looking across at Ferryside and Iscoed Mansion ruins (centre). Double click for a better view. Taken last Friday when OH and I had a walk at Llanstephan - I remembered the camera then, too.


Do you remember The Glums on the radio, probably late 50s/early 60s? They were part of Take It From Here, a very popular radio show of the time. Jimmy Edwards played the long-suffering father and Dick Bentley the dim and reluctant-to-wed Ron, and June Whitfield was brilliant as Eth.

Well, I feel about as cheerful as Eth today. The house-selling saga continues as disastrously as it started. Now we have announced we will not be renewing our contract, all of a sudden our house gets the long-promised advert in the weekend national paper. Unfortunately, the details were inaccurate and our house was described as being approached by a track (this was the "reason not to buy it" . . .) Since we have spent the last 22 years driving off a Council-maintained metalled road, I am rather at a loss as to where this information may have come from, especially as YKW is denying all knowledge . . .

I am trying to keep my nose to the grindstone tidying up and doing housework, just in case some mad individual might want to come and view, but I think I am wasting my time, if I am honest. I can't help feeling VERY VERY "what's the point?" and totally despondent. I think chocolate is called for . . .

9 comments:

  1. [[hugs]] bovey something will turn up soon

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-+)
    As your Dr. for droopy hearts, I order at least 2 bars of chocolate and a stiff drink?
    I send you healing and up beat thoughts to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I would be feeling like that too. It's hard to see past all the hurdles that seem to get chucked up in your way.
    Chocolate is definately the way forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to confess chocolate DID help! I am trying to be positive, but it is so immensely frustrating and making me feel quite ill. I keep walking into brick walls and shut doors and don't have a ladder to climb out. Even the new agent hasn't sent us any further paperwork - do I assume they are waiting until the numbskull is off the scene?

    This is obviously all being sent to try me, and believe me, it is! I feel I have failed every test so far. Am I supposed to just quietly accept what the universe is sending my way?

    Thank you all for the healing and positive thoughts. I'm sorry to moan on here, but I don't have local friends/neighbours whose ears I can go and bend and my family are positively tripping over their ears now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry things are going too well, if in doubt chocolate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your "track" is the most delightful Welsh country lane, both up and downhill. What on EARTH are those estate agents playing at?

    I`m glad that the chocolate helped.Don`t lose heart BB. Someone out there is going to love your house and then you can really start to make plans. Such a frustrating time for you.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had probs with my estate agent, said we had 'off road parking' when we lived down our own a private road and had enough parking for 5 static caravans and a lorry. Another said we only had one bedroom as we had a computer (as well as a bed)in the other room therefore it was a computer room. One guy was quite verbally abusive as I refused to sell our house to a prospective buyer for £40,000 less than the already reduced asking price.

    Yep, Mistake Agents is a better term to use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor hunny, I'm sorry that you're down and glum. You can come and visit me if you like, to get away from it all.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember a few real estate agents pulling that last minute trick in times past. I hope things are BETTER very soon. In the meantime, eat lots of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete