I had to go and visit my neighbour this morning to arrange about picking up a shower unit later this week. When we were looking at her geese and new hens, I spotted she still had LOADS of rhubarb and begged some for Keith, who loves it stewed up with crystalized ginger. So I cooked that up on my return. Half to be eaten this week, and the other half in the freezer.
Lovely Dandelion puff motif on the new voile panels in the bathroom. One wasn't enough, it had to be a pair so I bought the other one today. They look lovely.
The other two Seasidey bits for the top of the cupboard.
The china wot was there. John D Wood's "Yuan" which I still love, but am having a long break from. I'll get it all washed and wrapped and put away tomorrow, and then think whether or not I offer it for sale (but no-one is really buying old china like this any more - yet it was so collectable once.) I also (get me!) removed 6 jugs from the kitchen beams so I only have them along the one beam now, my favourite ones. I'll never be minimalist, but I can be "lessist"!!
There are now a pair of these smart copper spot lights in the sitting room and it's made a big difference to the lighting. I was able to get my way and suggest that Keith no longer needed the standard lamp which I have loathed for many years and couldn't wait to see leave the room. It was surprising how it broke the room up and made it look smaller, probably because of the big shade.
New to me curtains from Fleabay. £15 including postage and packing, which I thought was good. A good bit darker than the other (now faded) curtains I made and had up there for several years. Again, the dark colour draws the eye to the end of the room and makes it look bigger (it's about 23 feet into the bay). The new terracotta paint will be darker than what is on the walls at the moment. I have bought some vintage 1980s Laura Ashley curtains too, also from Fleabay, which are on their way to me as I speak. They are "for best" - viewings only.
Above and below: after tea I finally found the time to pick most of the Golden Rod flowers. Here they are with stems, and below, mostly just flowers. 84g (I need 100g) but I may get another handful from what is left tomorrow. Then I shall boil them up, simmer for an hour, leave to cool and then strain off and freeze the liquid until I have the mordant (alum) and some more wool spun up. I just need to be "ill" long enough to "rest up" and do the spinning!
The "tops" I bought in town yesterday. I saw a machine embroidery of puffins in the Stitch magazine I brought recently and thought, that would be great done as a needle-felted piece. Banging away with the needles at the moment is probably not conducive to healing my Pleurisy, so that will have to wait until I'm fully better.
This is the book I read about when I was researching my dye project. It sounded right up my street and it IS! I've only read a few pages so far but am going down to immerse myself in it now.
FINALLY, a photo of the wallpaper I loved. I went and bought two rolls of it today which will be enough for in here. It has a little touch of the Strawberry Thief in it, along with the Moongazing hare, and also reminds me of scraperboard work from the 30s. Keith HATES it!!!