Monday 14 October 2013

Apples and illness



To those of you who commented on my apples - we are very fortunate to have half a dozen trees here.  Two eaters and a cooker, and 3 dual-purpose cooker/eaters.  We always have plenty of apples until well into the New Year.  We store them in boxes in the cooler part of the house (the larder come utility down in mum's flat) - no room at the inn to process them and freeze them and although I keep saying I will learn bottling, I haven't yet, though I do have the jars now.  Lack of confidence perhaps.

I'm glad to say I have had several good nights' sleep in a row now, wich makes such a difference, but I DID have to visit the Out of Hours Doctor on Saturday evening (much grumbling from my OH - WHY couldn't I have decided this during the day?)  Anyway, I volunteered to take D into work for his early shift today so I could see the Doc, and yes, I DO have a chest infection again, quite a nasty dose of the same old bug H. influenzae, and no, he can't say why I keep getting it . . .  I am on the right medication, so just have to rest up.

A friend sent me the latest Tracy Chevalier novel - The Last Runaway - set in America in the 1850s.  I can't put it down and recommend it highly.  I love the quilt making element too!  So I am about to have some lunch and then settle down on the sofa with my book.  I may manage some quilt making of my own later this afternoon too.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and I will try and get well soonest. I'm feeling better already from looking at Quilting magazines on e-Bay.  Not tempted to press buy just yet . . .

8 comments:

  1. Sorry you''ve got another chest infection. Make sure you get enough rest and get better properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that you have another chest infection.
    Don't know if this is true but someone (?) told me we all have a weak spot. I think your chest might be your weak spot that is why you keep getting sick there ? If/ when I get sick it is always in my chest too.
    The photo of your home is lovely.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care-hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always used to get ill around the change of the seasons as a child; there's something about the air I think. Keep warm and safe and absolutely take advantage of being able to read with impunity. Some books are taking me months recently and you just lose the thread. I'm half way through 'The Girl in Hyacinth Blue' by Susan Vreeland....excellent. No pearl earrings in sight! Have a sage infusion for me. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you're not well - do hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your book - have made a note. I have several on the go at the moment (tend to read a fiction, a non-fiction and some poetry/prose) :)

    Lovely photo of your beautiful house :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had hoped that a bit of rest would put things right for you--these chest infections have to be frightening as they keep occurring. I hoped to email you, but find I can't access my email account on this wretched laptop, because I can't remember the password--I have the msn account on my desktop at home set up to by-pass sign-in.
    Stay warm, enjoy your book and a bit of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear that you've got another chest infection - it's really exhausting when you're always fighting for breath. Look after yourself. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang it, BB, I'm sorry that you are ill again. I believe in a weak spot in a person's physiology, maybe there's a bit of truth to the old sayings ?~! Hope you're up to par pretty well soon.

    ReplyDelete